Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 2018, featuring......Tessa Sheldon




Tessa Sheldon is a teacher for Special Education at Lincoln Elementary School. This school year, Mrs. Sheldon has been teaching for 18 years. She is a Wife and Mother of three. Mrs. Sheldon is and has been an inspiration to colleagues and students for many years. Her dedication goes beyond the classroom and her passion is contagious. When asked by colleagues what they admire the most about Mrs. Sheldon, their responses were all very similar. "Professionally, Mrs. Sheldon has a special place in her heart for ALL students and is personally admired by most for her sense of humor and addictive personality." I think you will see below that Mrs. Sheldon's personality is one-of-a-kind and her humor shines through in a variety of ways. Mrs. Sheldon, you are appreciated very much and we are grateful for your dedication to SJPS over the years. It is an absolute pleasure to work with you. Please read below to get know Mrs. Sheldon!




1. Favorite meme?See Above....Roll Tide!

 2. What's your favorite movie? Jaws, Beauty and the Beast
3. Favorite song? What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
4. Favorite color? Pink and red, but most would say black and gray
 5. Favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
 7. Which has been the best phase of your life? I have loved and done the best I could with every phase of life I have been blessed to live.
9. Biggest fear? Water
 10. How would you like to be remembered? That I was grateful, loved deeply, had a good sense of humor and always tried to do the right thing, even if it was hard.
 11. Best present you have ever received? The opportunity to be raised and immersed in my Mama's Southern Culture, to be surrounded by gracious and ferocious women all of my life, and to have had the example of men who love and respect them.  My mom, who's birthday is Christmas Eve, died right after Christmas this past year, so my husband is sending me to Europe with my cousins over Christmas Break because he thought I needed something to look forward to. And, my Cabbage Patch Kid:)
 12. Best present you have ever given? Every time I make dinner, I put together extra for my Dad and take it to him. Many years ago I took my husband to his first ever real concert- Metallica, in Detroit, on New Years Eve.
16. Would you ever change your name, and if so, what would your new one be? I would probably un-hypenate my legal last name because it is too long and I never use the whole thing anyway.  
17. If you were a dinosaur, which one would you be? T-Rex, for no other reason than it is my favorite dinosaur.
19. Do you have a hobby? Drawing, Singing, Building projects, Camping, Traveling, Baking
21. What do you consider is the most important trait in a person? Decency and a good sense of humor
 22. What's your favorite subject to teach? I love to teach my students that they are more than the sum of their deficits and that with hard work and a positive attitude they can achieve anything they set their mind to do.
 23. What's your favorite piece of clothing? Watches and shoes
 24. Favorite food? Bacon Cheeseburger with ketchup, pickle and onion
26. Water or soda? Soda. Always soda. Soda is life.
32. Who are you in your group of friends? Probably the troublemaker, but in a good way.
33. Only child or surrounded by siblings? One younger brother and a million cousins
38. Flip flops or sneakers? Flip Flops
 40. What's your favorite time of year? Fall
 42. Beach or pool? Pool
 45. If you were president, what would be the first thing you would do?  Allocate more funding for the research of metastatic cancer treatments.
48. Junk or healthy food? Dark Chocolate Reese Cups, because its the best of both worlds:) Generally, mostly healthy
 50. What's the best thing that has happened to you until this moment? Meeting my husband. It has set the stage for pretty much every other wonderful thing that has happened in my life.  I also absolutely loved taking my kids to DisneyWorld.







No comments:

Post a Comment

November 2019.....Featuring Tony Balbo

Tony Balbo Tony grew up only a mile from St. Joseph High school where he graduated in1986.  Tony began working as a home tutor...